Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Choice - please don't waste my time!

If you are going to have offer a "best rate" guarantee, stand by it - dont't weazle out!
 
I prefer to book direct when I know the hotel I want to stay, but I will usually check Expedia/Orbitz etc. for a better rate - just in case.  Sure enough the Choice Hotels rate for a 4 night stay at the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island (Nassau, Bahamas) was $226 per night, while the various alternative sites offered $174.

Frustrated at not being able to get the same rate on the Choice hotels site, I came across Choice's "Best Internet eRate Terms and Conditions"
http://www.choicehotels.com/en/bestraterules
"Choice will honor a lower publicly available rate on a non-Choice branded website ("Competing Rate") plus give and additional 10% discount off of the Competing Rate".   (Apparently, their proof reading was as good as the guarantee itself).

As always, the guarantee was subject to terms and conditions, but I could see nothing that would prevent them from honoring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment